Hey guys and gals!
I’ve finally decided to blog about my hair care routine. YES! It’s happening! *drum roll*
- The first thing I swear by is oiling your hair. Put aside the fact that it looks a bit greasy, it has tremendous amount of benefits for your hair. From relaxing your mind and body to nourishing your hair, oil has it all. I usually oil my hair at least once a week due to the cold. Living in Dubai all my life, I’ve never faced the problem of dry hair. However, my hair in Toronto did show otherwise. The best products I’ve found so far are these two Vatika hair oils. I picked Olive and Almond as they have several benefits when compared to coconut. The best part of these hair oils are that they smell AMAZING! Wouldn’t mind oiling hair now would I?!
2) Sigh, where do I even begin with Henna?! I’ve been using henna on my hair since I was a kid. Henna acts like a deep conditioner for your hair. It helps strengthens your hair, by forming a layer over each strand. More than anything it protects your scalp too! For all those suffering from dry scalps, henna is your answer! On the plus side it does overtime leave a slight reddish tinge to your hair. KFS TIP ALERT!! To bring out the red, you an add tea power to your mix or if you want a brownish tinge, add coffee.
3) Next up is TRESemme heat tamer spray. I rarely blow dry my hair. YES! I know it’s hard to believe but I do avoid blow drying my hair at all costs. It’s super harmful to your hair ad leaves your hair dry, as I see it, it sucks the life out of my hair. Well, that was a little dramatic but I do feel that way. If I somehow do decide to dry my hair or even curl I use this heat tamer. It leaves my hair feeling relatively the same. It comes with a great spray which is very easy to use, it literally gets everywhere. That’s the point isn’t it?
4) Well this is something I usually tend to forget throughout the day but I try and make it point to comb my hair at least once a day. I do this weird thing, where I flip my hair upside down and comb it for about 2-3 minutes. This definitely helps give an additional healthy bounce to your hair and will help stimulate hair growth too. Why comb you ask? Well big teeth combs tend to cause less breakage compared to brushes.
5) Lastly, I usually trim my hair every 2-3 months to keep my hair split-end free. It oddly enough helps in hair growth as well. I have yet to find the perfect hair salon in Toronto (will keep you posted) BUT my go to salon in Dubai in hands down ShuiQi spa in Atlantis. Khalid my hairdresser has magic hands!! Shhhh!
Hope you loves enjoyed this post! If you all have any questions feel free to send me an email or comment and I’ll most certainly get back to you!